+Stefan Dirsch asked for detailss on how I got to this: https://plus.google.com/+MichaelHartley/posts/76inhancqsw
When I reached gold fielder, I had 2001 fields and 3003 links. Someone commented that this was a nice ratio, so I wondered if I could improve it. I started looking for opportunities to make two fields with one link, but didn’t really understand how layered fields worked yet.
That changed when I was listening to the chatter during a local op. One of the fielding teams made a bad link, and were told off “no! Link to the left, then right, then the middle!”
I wondered, “why?”
After some experimentation, I worked out how layered fields worked, and worked out an algorithm for maximising the number of fields on a given set of portals – this turned out to be the same as MaxFields.
So, I applied the algorithm to a few local sets of portals, increasingly complex, trying to train my intuition to ‘see’ onioning opportunities.
After that, I started working towards 1:1. I needed an average of 1.74 fields per link to reach 5k/5k, and that was no fun, so I gave up on the 5k/5k target.
Some tips I learned:
* you have to go for the single splits, not just wait for chances to make big onions. At least a third of my splits were from walking out for a single 2:1 or 3:2.
* you often end up shooting multiple links from a single anchor.
* If the anchor is easily accessible, and the base portals are out pof the way, it’s very lucrative! You can make the same onion multiple times when the other team smashes your high AP, easy target!
* It helped me to have another local player on the same team shooting for the same target.
* It also helps to have team members aiming for different targets, so you can go on fielding ops together.
3 Replies to “+Stefan Dirsch asked for detailss on how I got to this: https://plus.google.com/+MichaelHartley/posts/76inhancqsw”
Well thats how fielding works, but to achieve a 1,7 ratio you really need players help you. (Or many many ADAs for flipping an anchore multiple times
But: great job!
Ah. That’s pretty much the same, which I have done. Unfortunately I began with that project with 2000 fields/5000 links. 😉 Still 1500 more links than fields. Here are some more details. https://plus.google.com/+StefanDirsch/posts/EqgUJXshpmY
My plan now is to build an ADA and SBUL production using 1-2 MUFG capsules for each and then do a bigger OP 1-2 times a month. I know that’s pretty much braindead and really brute force, but getting a good ratio by adding the right links to existing structures is just too much planning and workload. I already did this for 9-10 months. And this also gets boring in the end.