I’ve made an Ingress-like game in Minecraft!
If you’re stuck in lockdown and desperately need a portal fix, you can download this Minecraft world, get some friends together, load the world, hit the button, and then start battling for control of the world!
- Up to four factions: blue, green, orange, purple.
- An infinite grid of beacons (portals), which automatically propagates across the world
- Capture beacons by climbing (or digging) to their platform, and tapping the button for your team
- Capture two beacons to link them together, Capture four in a square to claim an area for your colour
I’ve also made a collection of videos explaining how this game was made:
- https://youtu.be/167nkR35WgA : making portals that can be captured (goes live on the 14th of July, 2020)
- https://youtu.be/pVOPzJa1ezU : making links and fields work(goes live on the 17th of July, 2020)
- https://youtu.be/X-cJOCvUpm8 : propagating the beacons ad infinitum (goes live on the 20th of July, 2020)